Tuesday, March 29, 2016

New Projects this week! Glamping we will go!

Well here we go...it is going to be a rather long post...but lots of eye candy for you all!  Well after Christmas i get bored and start dreaming and looking for new things...and shopping happens too.  I had found this adorable mushroom play house. My current trailer theme as you know is all about the Gnome Love...so how could i resist this play house! I plan on bringing it with me to set up for the glamping trip when i go in May!  AND...when i went to get my pickets to build my picket fence (below)...look who had to come hom with me! My 42" gnomie...he is still nameless...just Gnomie for now.. I had him bukled in the front seat on my way home....i did catch a couple of men catch sight of him and laugh! I wonder what kind of looks i will get on the highway when i go camping?...haha!
so here you see...said pickets and lumber i bought for my fence....the project begins!


I wanted something unique and all my own. After extensive pinterest research and coming up short...i took matters in my own hands and came up with this idea. I traced a picket on the pointed end..then drew a heart shape at the top of that. Then i measured from the new "picket" top (not the heart...just the shape that was the same as the other end) Split that in half and  cut the pickets at the halfway mark.  I then used my scroll saw and cut out the hearts and the new "top" shape...  

here they are laid out..ready to be screwed onto the treated lumber 2x3 cross brace.  I had cut that 4" longer than my tongue measurement of my trailer!


here the first panel is screwed together. I had to buy one more picket the next day because i spaced them closer together than i originally planned!


so before i started painting the pickets...i paused and cut out two more projects...so i could paint one of them while waiting for the picket paint to dry.  The other one i will work on next!!

a little hint of the next project....I am re--using some wood and also some buckets from out in the garage...i love repurposing things when i can!


here the two halves of the fence are put together..the end is not exactly attractive..so i spotted this can to hang there and make a floral arrangement in to hide the end a bit!


here it is!! Painted and with the floral arrangement...farther down on this post you will see the trailer with the flower boxes installed as well!

I also was able to get some of the little details done today too..Pigs can fly of course...  I mounted some hooks i have had for a year..finally..lol


Here i used clear mirror clips to hook the wire for my flowerboxes on to. Originally i was going to use picture hanging hooks. I had cut the triangle off but realized the hole was way too small for the screws from the window frame. When i came back up and looked in the organizier again..i spotted these clear clips and the screws fit perfectly! Woohooo!  love those serendipitous moments!


 here you can see the flower box I mounted under the bathroom window...so cute!

The end of my trailer...two boxes and my darling fence..did the happy dance today when i got it all put together!

just inside the door...my cute and fun hooks!!  I found these at Michaels hobby store!


Another one off the to-do list! Ever since i got my traler these clear doors drove me nuts.  You can not store anything inside there with out seeing it.  Even when i folded the blankets and linens neatly it still looked messy.  So i took one of the clear panels out, used it to measure out two pieces of cardboard. I covered each with red gingham fabric that i used that darling Shasta trailer duct tape with..i knew i would use it eventually! haha...and then i used tiny nails at each corner to hold them in place.  I took each door off by unscrewing the hinges from the frame...and then remounted them..took maybe 15 minutes!


I also finally mounted my knife magnet....it was too long.so i came up with the idea of turning it at an angle..looks Like i meant to do it that way...hehe


Well that is it for the moment..lots more in progress!! I hope you enjoyed my pictures and descriptions! I having a blast here!  hehe  big hugs to you all!

No comments: