Saturday, April 29, 2017

Happy Spring of 2017!

Well not sure why I do this...but it is almost a year again since i got on here!  Well I guess I can begin with an update on this year's trailer decorating! I created a new look for the inside. I am so excited about camping this year!  I have a new project happening here soon. I am having our builder convert the back bench into a table and two smaller benches. That way I will have a table to have morning coffee or what ever, since I like to keep the bed set up!

Any how...here are the inside pictures I took so far! I will take more pictures whenwe get to camp on Memorial day weekend...

It all started with wanting all of the colors that the Shasta Re-Issues came in. But since I can only have one trailer, I decided there is no reason why I can't decorate in each of the colors.  The last theme was turquoise and red with the gnomes.  This year is pink and red with a Red Riding Hood theme!



It started with this wonderful quilt along that I found on Lori Holt's Bee In my Bonnet Blog, last spring! I finally finished it this winter!  So much fun! Each of the blocks were hand appliqued, then a border sewn on and then all sewn together!


 here you can see the beginnings! Then when I got all 25 blocks it really came together fast!

Then I worked on the curtains with hand made flower accents on the tie backs!


Then some pillows that I designed and created with the theme. using images from the fabrics as inspiration! Red Riding Hood and her Wolf!

and some pillow cases to match the curtains with left over fabrics. Since Full sheets only come with one set of pillow cases, I needed two more!
and a little Doll to sit on the bed! This was one of those panel kits that you cut out and sew. Designed by the fabric designer, so it coordinates with the main curtain fabric! So cute. My grand daughter fell in love, so I ordered another one for her to make as a gift!

Here is is all set up inside the trailer!




One of the fun things to do in the winter also, is to keep my eyes out for new fun things to add! Some of my shopping and new treasures!:  I found this cute Red Riding Hood tea set on Etsy..

This pitcher and mug set was a bargain at $15 for the whole set at a local antique store!

Couldn't pass up more red and white polka dotted accessories and these cute daisies for outside at Hobby Lobby!
My tradition..a salt and pepper shaker set in the theme. Now I see how people can get stuck collecting these..haha! So fun to go on a search for these sets!

 Some fun GIANT pinwheels for outside!  I think I am going to put them by the tongue fence!
I keep the trailer heated all winter long, so it is warm anytime I want to go out and hang out in there. But my electric heater died. I went to Lowes to buy a new one..and look what I found! An electric heater that looks like a little wood burning stove, with a simulated flame even!  Love this! Makes it look so cozy!


Some of my entertaining things. Tiered stand, iced tea drink dispenser...ice bucket..hehe!


My other new addition is an adult tricycle! I have been wanting one for ages. But of course I can't just have a bike...she needed some sprucing up! Can't wait to ride her...I think she needs a name....hhmmm  I made her a new flag and a basket liner...many additions to her standard stuff! A flashing light on the back basket and front, a bell, a speedometer and bracket to hold my phone!....so fun!

and one last thing for today's post..a sneak peak of things that I am already gathering for her next look! Forest Green and red..with a Hansel and Gretel/ Forest theme..

Well that's it for today...As soon as we get started on the remodel on the trailer, i will add more pictures and some updates!  Have a wonderful spring my friends!

No comments: